I will start where I finished off yesterday. “What can you do right now to improve a situation you are in?”
A simple question, but is there an easy answer? I believe there is. No matter what is going on in your life right now, a break-up, a debilitating illness, financial problems, health scares or any other situation you may find yourself in, there is ALWAYS something you can do to improve what is happening. You may not be able to change the circumstances, but if you can feel better, make decisions and take some responsibility, that is certainly better than waiting for someone or something else to make it better for you.
To start with – ask yourself the question “What can I do right now to improve this?” Most likely you will find that initially you will say – “Nothing”. Keep asking and soon you will come up with a list of positive steps that will help you move forward. Plan to do something everyday. It doesn’t have to be big, and if the steps are too big, break them down to smaller chunks, so you can start that momentum going.
Some easy examples that will improve your overall life:
To improve your health:
- Walk instead of driving short distances
- Use the stairs instead of the lifts
- Buy some fruit instead of sweets
- Cook a meal rather than buy take-out
- Get off the couch and start moving
- Try yoga and meditation
- Speak to your health practitioner for ways to improve your health
To improve your finances:
- Look at ways you can increase your income and/or decrease your spending
- Have a garage sale and get rid of the clutter. Your junk may be another person’s gold
- Reduce your credit card spending unless you pay off the balance each month. If you can’t afford it without a credit card, you can’t afford it with a credit card
- Do up a budget. Keep a spending diary on everything you spend your money on for at least a week. You might be surprised where your money goes. Cups of coffee, buying lunch instead of bringing it from home all adds up to your weekly expenditure
- Be ruthless. Work out if you really need that second car (or the first car), or some other expensive toy you have. If it is costing you too much, sell it, and use the money to reduce your debt.
- Are there ways you can increase your income either from home or at your current workplace?
I look forward to your thoughts and feedback as it is one I am very passionate about. Take Control and be the Master of Your Own Destiny