“Law of Attraction” What do these words mean to you?
The Secret? Vibration? Magnetism? Thinking about what you want and leaving it to the Universe to deliver? Over-commercialized hype? I have heard it all – people believing that this is all there is to manifesting and those who believe that it is rubbish. Where do you sit on this topic?
To answer this question, here are my thoughts. How many of you have turned on a radio to a particular station? You turn on the switch and the station you have “tuned into” is heard across the speakers. A song comes on that you don’t particularly like – so you turn the dial to the right and suddenly another radio station is heard. Have you ever thought about how this is possible? When you turn on the radio – you hear the music or discussions that are on a particular frequency. You tune into the frequency that the radio station is relayed from.
Attracting what you want in your life is no different. By turning ourselves to the frequency of what we desire – we tune into that “station” and attract those frequencies to us. Be aware though, that attracting things into our life that we do not want is just as easy. It depends upon our focus. If you are tuned into negativity and focusing on what you do not want in your life – guess what……..this is what will be attracted to you.
Understand that this is not the same as “wishing” for things. People wish for things all the time. “I wish I had……” “I wish I was…….” “I wish…..” “I wish….” “I wish…….” The difference between wishing and attraction is there is no energy with wishes. Energy works like a magnet and can attract or repel the outcomes to you. Most people wish for things, which they never expect nor make any effort to obtain. “I want a new job, I want a new partner, I want a fit body.” Wishing for these things will not occur without energy and action from you. Sounds good, but how do you do it?
The Law of Attraction states: I attract to myself, whatever I give my focus, attention, or energy to; whether wanted or unwanted. If you think about being broke, poor, lonely and believe your thoughts…….. guess what? That is exactly what you’ll be. This Law works when you want it to and when you don’t want it to.
Earl Nightingale said “As you move towards your goal, it moves towards you.”
Sitting on your couch and wishing for your life to change will not get you your desired outcomes if you are focusing on the areas in your life that you no longer want. Remember your thoughts have a frequency and you will attract to you what you are attuned to. Whatever we focus on, whatever we expect and think about, will tend to bring into our lives the things and conditions that are in harmony with those thoughts. You have all heard the sayings “birds of a feather flock together” “if you want to soar with the eagles don’t fly with the turkeys” “like attracts like” Thoughts and actions of people attract and draw to them people of their own type and kind.
We create our own reality. We attract those things in our life (money, relationships, employment) that we focus on. When we focus on “having less” then we create that experience for ourselves. When we focus on “I hate my life” then we will never notice the aspects of our existence that may be satisfying. Wanting something isn’t going to bring our desires when we continue to obsess about not having that something. All we will experience is “not having” and will be ultimately blocking our true desires.
How do I use the Law of Attraction” to manifest the things I want in my life?
- Always remember that we operate like radio stations—broadcasting and receiving dependent upon our thoughts.
- To attract what we want in our lives ask yourself the question “what is it that I want? (Remember – not what you don’t want but what is the the outcome you will achieve)
- Be aware of the things you are currently interested in or the things you are currently spending your time doing.We may be so interested in things that are not prosperous, happy and healthy that we pass by the very things we desire most. With our interests so focused in seeing the lesser, either through habit or ignorance, we fail to attract the greater things that are all around us.
- What are you spending time doing? Where our attention is focused will be what is continued to be attracted to our lives. When we direct our attention, this magnetizes our power of attraction which draws to us much of the same type as our thoughts. Where our attention is focused that is what is drawn to us – whether success or failure.
- Attention with intensity. Expectation that what we are focusing on will manifest. “I will attract my ideal partner”……….but am I good enough – he would probably want someone more attractive than me” will not achieve your desired outcomes. Your expectation will intensify your interest and attention. If you want one thing but doubt that you will receive it – you frequency is diffused and you will attract those lesser thoughts.
This is my understanding of the Law of Attraction. Even though this is a topic which has been spoken about and written about so much in recent years and there is so much more that can be covered in this topic, I still believe there is some confusion and disbelief in this subject. I would be interested in your thoughts.